Music department aims to provide a holistic education to all students in nurturing them to become informed audiences for the arts. The department has further infused in the syllabus our school mission, vision and values (REAP values) and the 21st century skills to better equip our pupils for what lies ahead through:
- A 6-year spiral programme
- A strong singing culture through the Kodaly approach of Prepare, Present and Practice.
- Mass performances of songs and dances
- Pupil's own creation of percussion instruments
- Lunch Time concerts for aspiring talents to showcase
- Integration of other subjects:
- Project Work jingles
- ICT: Cyberwellness rap, research on composers, Music critique on MC Online
- Group Compositions
- Music-inspired Art pieces
- Musical showcases in school
- Feed your Imagination Series at the Esplanade
School has been awarded by NAC (National Arts Council) and STaR (Singapore Teachers' Academy of the Arts) to do a research on engaging pupils in the music classroom through singing games in 2014.